Journalism - Multimedia Minor
This minor provides an opportunity for students majoring in fields other than journalism to develop writing and production skills in multimedia journalism.
|Minor Requirements (24 credits)|
|IHJRN-130||Media Writing Fundamentals||4|
|IHJRN-240||Social Media Fundamentals||4|
|JRN-323||Journalism Law & Ethics||4|
|or JRN-391||Multimedia: Public Affairs|
Upon completion of the Journalism, Multimedia minor, students will have:
- Developed news gathering and storytelling skills in various media formats.
- Produced content in formats appropriate to the intended output - i.e. print, web, broadcast, etc.
- Thought critically and consider diverse points of view while researching and gathering rich content.
- Developed technical skills in writing, digital photography shooting and editing, video shooting and editing, sound recording and editing, web production, and multimedia production.
- Developed preproduction and planning skills to ensure thorough, accurate, and rich reportage.