Students who pursue the Minor will learn the fundamentals of psychology and will have the opportunity to adapt their academic journey to their unique interests. This can also be an excellent way to advance career opportunities and increase the chances of being admitted to a graduate or professional school.
|Minor Requirements (24 credits)|
|Electives -16 credits in PSYCH or ISPSYCH|
|Select one of the remaining 200 level courses||4|
|Select one 300 level courses||4|
|Select one 400 level courses||4|
|Select one additional 200, 300, or 400 level course||4|
Upon completion of the Psychology minor, students will:
- Understand and be able to critically evaluate research literature in psychology.
- Have familiarity with major theories and research that explain development and behavior.
- Apply theory and research to explain the behavior and development of self and others.
- Be able to present information effectively, orally, and in writing.
- Be able to coordinate multiple perspectives when interpreting research, theory, and practice.