This minor is available to help prepare any majors for careers in the field of Marketing.
|Minor Requirements (24-28 credits)|
|MGT-101||Introduction to Management (a grade of C or higher is required)||4|
|MGT-331||Principles of Marketing||4|
|or MGT-434||Marketing Research|
|Select one of the following:||4-8|
|Accounting for Sustainable Business|
and Managerial Accounting
|Select two of the following:||8|
|Public Relations Principles|
|Media Writing Fundamentals|
|Advertising and Promotion|
|Consumer Behavior 1|
|Strategic Digital Marketing|
|Professional Sales & Negotiations|
|Marketing Research 1|
|Customer Relationship MGT|
|Race Gender Sexuality and Pop Culture|
|Arts Mgt: Marketing, Development, & Comm|
May not be counted as both minor core and elective.
**Please note some courses have prerequisites.
Upon completion of the Marketing minor students will gain and demonstrate an understanding of:
- Marketing that will enrich their academic experience and career opportunities. Students will examine the profession while exploring a broad range of theories and activities that affect the relationship between an organization, its customers and its markets.
- The nature and assumptions of product planning.
- The nature and assumptions of marketing, communications, and advertising.
- The nature and assumptions of digital marketing and ecommerce.
- The nature and assumptions of marketing analytics and customer data management.
- The nature and assumptions of the behavioral and organizational theories that underly market behavior.